httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Martijn Grooten" <sweetwaterg...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_proxy: 302 redirect makes Apache ignore some headers
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 18:55:55 GMT
On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 5:14 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> Upgrade.  2.0.x mod_proxy is ancient and had lots of bugs.  Correct
> handling of response headers was fixed just over a year ago (though
> that was principally down to protocol niceties, and I think cookies
> in 2.2 may have been fixed much earlier).

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, I am not able to upgrade Apache (yet), but I managed to
write a work around. For anyone's interest: after having sent the
request, the back-end server checks whether it has sent a redirect
with Set-cookie headers. If that is the case, these cookies are stored
in a session variable. On any request, the back-end server checks for
the existence of such a session variable; if it exists it sends the
remembered cookies to the user and empties the variable.

Martijn.