httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Edge" <je...@visafirst.com>
Subject [users@httpd] AuthType, Content hashing for LDAP
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 15:28:17 GMT
Hi folks,

I have a simple mod_authnz_ldap setup which grants access to a valid Domain User to the u1
location.

<Location /u1/>
   AuthType Basic
   AuthBasicProvider ldap
   AuthzLDAPAuthoritative off
   AuthUserFile /dev/null
   AuthLDAPBindDN "ADC\\apacheuser"
   AuthLDAPBindPassword apachepass
   AuthLDAPUrl ldap://adc.example.net:389/DC=adc,DC=example,DC=net?sAMAccountName
   AuthName "Authorization required"
   require valid-user
</Location>

Everything is fine and works as expected, however I much prefer to have the 'Authorization:
Basic YXBhY2hldXNlcjphcGFjaGVwYXNz' header encrypted and not available to a var such as $_SERVER["PHP_AUTH_PW"]
in PHP while not harming the ldap functionality.

SSL is little help as the var is still plainly available in code.

Do you reckon there is a work around for this, i.e. w/ mod Digest or other means?

Many thanks,

-JE