httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Herring" <pauljherr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Apache 2.2.10 - apxs - cross-compiling modules failing
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 15:55:35 GMT
On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2008 14:11:56 +0000
> "Paul Herring" <pauljherring@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Copy/paste from the mod_python list from my initial stab at finding a
>> solution:
>
> I don't see any evidence of your cross-compiled apache.

Because there is (currently) no evidence when trying to compile
modules. Apache cross compiles fine. It's the associated tools
supplied with the apache build to build cross-compiled _modules_ I'm
having problems with.

And as the logs show, the configure doesn't get very far since the
target version of apxs (part of apache) isn't compatible with the
cross-compilation procedure, so it doesn't even get as far as calling
any version of apache, cross-compiled or not (either of which would be
invalid in a cross compilation environment.)

Basically there are three 'sets' of programs used/created when cross compiling
1) Host executables
2) Cross-compiler executables
3) Target executables.

(1) are used to make (2) that are then used to make (3)

The apache build does not appear to produce any in group (2) even
though they are needed when cross compiling (Specifically apxs (so
far) in my example.)

--
PJH

http://shabbleland.myminicity.com/tra