httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Rehm" <ch...@javadisciple.com>
Subject [users@httpd] PHP files not being processed.
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 17:49:57 GMT
I have recently installed Apache 2.2 on Windows Vista. I followed a video
tutorial from the web, everything seemed to go fine and the server appears
to be functioning fine. I can use it to serve html files using the localhost
prefix and it functions as part of my web development process.

However, when I try to process a PHP file, even a simple "hello world" type
tutorial.php, the files are not processed but are treated as  some other
type of object. That is, a download dialog is opened for them and I can
either "open" or "download". If I choose open, the file is opened for edit
in my web development software.

I've checked the error log and when Apache starts up, I get:

[Sun Feb 01 08:01:33 2009] [notice] Apache/2.2.11 (Win32) PHP/5.2.8
configured -- resuming normal operations

so it seems as though it is all running fine.

So to clarify, if I put my test.php file in the htdocs root folder and I
open a browser and put localhost/test.php in the address bar, I get a
download dialog. If I put any standard html documents there and open them
with localhost/index.html they work just fine.

I'm wondering if there is some setting on my machine I just am unaware of or
maybe I've set wrong. I'm grateful for any help.

Chris Rehm
chris@javadisciple.com