httpd-users mailing list archives

From Norman Peelman <npeel...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 14:01:43 GMT
Michael Rogers wrote:
> Norman you asked "Have you been to www.apache.org
> <http://www.apache.org/> yet?-" Answer Yup!  But if there is something
> that you think I didn't see please let me know!
That's just part of my sig for Apache messages.

> I do have a hard time seeing because of eye strain beyond my control,
> been to the eye Doc several time and gripped about it.  Second problem
> I have to admit to is not understanding some of the things written.  I
> need exact examples such as a httpd.config file that is in actual use
> so that I can see how the author wrote it.

Ok, I came into this thread in the middle. I assume you are on Windows.
I assume you have your domain name as bought through a third party and
you have pointed it to your ISP assigned ip address where you are
running apache serving web pages from (one of) your computers.  If those
are correct...

To correct the problem of your router assigning different addresses on
reboots you need to  set up 'Address Reservation'  (as it's called on my
NetGear under LAN IP Setup). If your router supports this then you can
tell the router to assign the same address to the same computer by it's
MAC address.

You need to straighten out the nameservers and dns entries for your .com
address if that is you and not someone else with the same name who
already had the address.

Norman Registered Linux user #461062 -Have you been to www.apache.org yet?-