httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using a MOTD
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:42:46 GMT
dan_b@comcast.net wrote:

> Thanks Brian.
>
> Using the "Has_Seen_MOTD" cookie idea is was I thinking of as well. And that's the way
the CPAN Apache::MOTD does it. But, I thought the only easy way of reading and writing cookies
would require Perl. I guess I was hoping someone would say there is some item in the http.conf
file that I could set that would do redirects to the MOTD which then redirect to the originally
requested page.

I'm a great fan of mod_perl myself, but in this case you might want to
have a look at the "cookie" flag of mod_rewrite:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html
search for "cookie".

And, AFAIK, by default the cookie should be session-only.