httpd-users mailing list archives

From anson ho <hotsz...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] need explanation for mod_gzip
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 09:07:12 GMT
  As I need to rewrite the response headers and body that were
returned from another module in apache 1.3, I've tried to find the
solutions over weeks and finally found that mod_gzip do the similiar
job. In "The handling of modules by Apache 1.3" section of mod_gzip
installation web page
(http://schroepl.net/projekte/mod_gzip/install.htm), it mentioned that
it has done something contradict with apache 1.3 so that it can read
the response from another module. After go through the mod_gzip.c, I
still can't understand the technique that acheive this. Then I have
read the books "Apache, the definitive guide" & "writing apache
modules in perl & C", both of them don't mention this technique. Can
someone has more details on this? Thanks