httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Query string encoding
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 16:15:34 GMT
Clodoaldo Pinto Neto wrote:
> I want to rewrite a url to a query string like this:
>
> from http://example.com/x+ to http://example.com/var=x%2B
> or
> from http://example.com/x%2B to http://example.com/var=x%2B
>
> Using:
> RewriteRule ^(/([\w-()+]+))?/$ /?var=$2 [QSA]
>
> The problem i have is that the query string is passed to the
> application unencoded so the "+" is understood by the application as
> space. How to reencode the query string before it is passed to the
> application?

Hi.
I don't really know why precisely, but I have a bad feeling about the
above, in the sense that an initial URL like you show two examples above
may lead to trouble at some point.

But assuming you insist..

You may want to lookup this page :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_rewrite.html
in the following sections :
Internal Function (escape)
or
External Rewriting Program

I have never used them, and I am not sure they allow to create the
query-string part of the rewritten request.
But it's worth trying out.
Otherwise, mod_perl would be your friend.