httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] HTML source rather than rendered page with mod_proxy_ajp
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 13:39:37 GMT
Brian Mearns wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:43 AM, mr_b <rainer.simon@gmx.at> wrote:
>> Hi! I run use mod_proxy_ajp to run several JBosses behind an Apache HTTP
>> server (OS is Centos5). My problem: "occasionally" the browser displays the
>> HTML source code of the page rather than the rendered page itself. (Sorry
>> for not being more specific - I really couldn't find any reproducible cause
>> or pattern yet. Happens with small pages as well as large ones). I
>> configured virtual hosts in my http.conf like that: ServerName
>> myserver01.mydomain DocumentRoot /var/www/html ProxyPass / ajp:// Any idea
>> about what's causing this appreciated! Thanks!
>>

> This probably isn't much help (sorry, don't know much about proxying,
> or anything about JBosses), but the problem (assuming it's not a
> bizarre browser bug) is almost definitely caused by sending the
> incorrect content-type header to the client. It should be text/html,
> not text/plain. Why the wrong type is getting sent, I have no idea.

I agree with the previous comment, and anyway it would be the first
thing to check.
For each browser, there exist plugins/add-ons which allow you to see
what exactly the server is sending as HTTP headers together with the
page itself.
(For Firefox, see HttpFox; for IE, try Fiddler2).
Once installed, activate the relevant plugin. That will create an
additional window which shows the HTTP headers going out and coming in.
Then go back to the main window, and access your application until you
get such a case.
Then switch to the plugin window, and see which HTTP headers the server
sent together with that page.
One of them will be the "Content-type" header.