httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Newbie. Apache doesnt start ok
Date Wed, 06 May 2009 19:13:52 GMT
tirengarfio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> im new to Apache. I have been doing some web devs till now but with XAMPP.
>
> When I try to start it i get this error:
>
> * Starting web server apache2
> apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
> name, using 127.0.1.1 for ServerName
>
> and i cant see localhost page (It works!).
>
> I would like to send you also the conf file, but i have open
> /etc/apache2/httpd.conf and it is empty...
>
> Can you help me?

To get good help, you may want to :
- say on what kind of system this is
- what version of Apache this is
- with what command you are "starting Apache"
- what you enter in the browser as URL
- what error you see in the browser after that
- and maybe look at /etc/apache2/apache2.conf. Is it empty too ?