httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marc Patermann <hans.mo...@ofd-sth.niedersachsen.de>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] authentication question
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 07:55:49 GMT
Hi,

Ross Boylan schrieb:
> Suppose I have apache running in front of a web application and
> subversion.
I don't use svn, but I think it is (in apache) somehow related with
WebDAV, which we use.

> I am thinking of a scenario in which the web application provides a
> login page.  However, the user may also browse to web pages served by
> subversion.
>
> Is there a way that my app can have someone log in and then pass the
> identity and authentication "up" to appache?  In particular, I'd want
> this authentication used if the user browsed over to the subversion
> repository.
>
> I'm assume a common source, e.g., LDAP, will provide user and password
> information that is the same for my app and apache.
We have Mediawiki and WebDAV on the same server.
Users start at a portal entry page. All sites use apache basic
authentication with ldap.
Mediawiki uses Auth_remoteuser extension.
After one login users can use the wiki (PHP application) and WebDAV
(apache module) seamlessly.

Marc