httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] How do I play out a request ??
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 07:48:38 GMT
On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 10:34 PM, ricardo13 <ricardoogrande@gmail.com> wrote:

> In this
> http://www.nabble.com/RewriteMap-PRG-By-Example-Using-C-to23283305.html link
> , I use a external program (in C) to rewrite URLs.
>
> In program, when I typed in browser localhost/1, or localhost/2, or
> localhost/3, they're mapped to a resource (a page).
>
> I have a reverse proxy then, when I typed in browser localhost/1, or
> localhost/2, or localhost/3, the request are dispatch to other machines
> (backend).
> Now, I would like of play out a request when, for example, the URL to be /4.
> URLs (localhost/4) to discard (not dispatch to backend).

I don't understand what you mean by "play out a request". However if
you want a particular request to be dropped in stead of forwarded to
the backend, than there are several possibilities.

- Have a RewriteRule catch these requests and deny them, put it before
the rewrite rule that sends requests to the backend.
- Use a <Location> block.
- Have your RewriteRule program deal with it.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org