httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chetan Krishna <ckris...@opnet.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Best practice - apache access control via memcache
Date Tue, 05 May 2009 16:00:50 GMT
I'm looking for some advice on which is the best way to approach this..
The goal here is to serve protected static pages from apache (2.2.9,
running on RHEL) based on user information stored in memcache.

There is an authentication app where users are directed to, if they
don't have a cookie set. The authentication app can authenticate the
user and write their credentials to memcache and set the cookie. The
user is then redirected back to the apache server to serve the
protected pages.

I'm looking for best practices or a module in apache that can lookup
memcache based on the http cookie in order to serve protected static
pages..  Searching the web, the only apache module that I could find
was authmemcookie which unfortunately has some issues under RHEL. Any
input is greatly appreciated.. Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Chetan