httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using SetEnvIf on response headers
Date Thu, 09 Jul 2009 08:58:43 GMT
André Warnier wrote:
Addendum to this :

> I had a quick browse through the standard Apache modules, and it seems
> that there is nothing that allows to test a /response/ header, and then
> do something about the response headers in general.

I take it back.  There seems to be something you can do, by way of the
ErrorDocument directive : you can (internally) re-direct a 401 response
from the back-end, to a local location that would be a script e.g.
This script could (conditionally) send whatever you want back to the
"browser".
The script in question would (probably) need to be able to get at the
original response headers and modify them prior to forwarding the
response to the browser.
I have never used this myself, so I don't know quite "where" this script
obtains the original 401 response. (I mean, does it just read the
original response on its STDIN, or else where ?).

Maybe someone else can answer that ?