httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] proxy : AJP Errors
Date Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:47:27 GMT
Pradeep Phalgunan Kalliat wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've two webapps CoW and CoWTraining, each of which are load balanced by Apache 2.2.4
over two tomcat nodes running as services. i.e. two nodes for CoW  and two for the other.
This is set up in one server machine. Both the webapps are identical in functionality and
operation but just that they are served by different hosts.

> The problem is that when I try to access CoWTraining in the same window after I access
CoW, the server throws a 'Service Temporarily Unavailable' message. However, if I access CoWTraining
first and then CoW, there are no problems. Also in this case, if I go further and access CoWTraining
again there are still no problems. The error occurs only if I try to access CoWTraining in
a window in which I've accessed CoW. There are no problems trying to access other applications
in the same window.

> The reason I think this is related to apache is because I had both these webapps installed
on one tomcat node and tested without the load balancing.

> My httpd.conf file has the following references to these applications in the same sequence.

> <Location /CoW>
> 	ProxyPass 		balancer://cluster-CoW/CoW stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=On
> 	ProxyPassReverse	balancer://cluster-CoW/CoW
> </Location>
>
> <Location /CoWTraining>
> 	ProxyPass 		balancer://cluster-CoWTraining/CoWTraining stickysession=JSESSIONID nofailover=On
> 	ProxyPassReverse	balancer://cluster-CoWTraining/CoWTraining
> </Location>
>

> <Proxy balancer://cluster-CoW>
> 	BalancerMember ajp://localhost:9209 route=tomcat70 retry=60 loadfactor=50
> 	BalancerMember ajp://localhost:9309 route=tomcat71 retry=60 loadfactor=50
> 	ProxySet lbmethod=bytraffic
> </Proxy>
>
> <Proxy balancer://cluster-CoWTraining>
> 	BalancerMember ajp://localhost:9409 route=tomcat72 retry=60 loadfactor=50
> 	BalancerMember ajp://localhost:9509 route=tomcat73 retry=60 loadfactor=50
> 	ProxySet lbmethod=bytraffic
> </Proxy>
>
> RewriteEngine  on
> RewriteRule    ^/CoW$  /CoW/  [R]
> RewriteRule    ^/CoWTraining$  /CoWTraining/  [R]

> There are no errors in the tomcat logs. The apache logs have a lot of these kind of errors

> [error] (OS 10061)No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused
it.  : proxy: AJP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:9509 (localhost) failed
> [error] (OS 10061)No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused
it.  : proxy: AJP: attempt to connect to 127.0.0.1:9409 (localhost) failed
> [error] ap_proxy_connect_backend disabling worker for (localhost)
> [error] proxy: AJP: failed to make connection to backend: localhost
> [error] proxy: BALANCER: (balancer://cluster-cowtraining). All workers are in error state
for route (tomcat73)

> Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've already done a lot of googling with not much
results.

Hi.
That is a very good problem description.
Just to be complete, could you post also the content of the active
corresponding <Connector> tags of your Tomcat servers ?
(since they are apparently the side that refuses the connection).