httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: WELCOME to users@httpd.apache.org
Date Thu, 30 Jul 2009 11:09:30 GMT
Sudheer Puppala wrote:
> Hi
>
>    I am java/flex programmer since 1yrs. I have a requirement of write a
> handler at apache http server side using perl.

Hi.
The good news is that it sounds perfectly feasible.
The bad news is that you are on the wrong list.
Go to this website : http://perl.apache.org
Click on the link "Mailing lists" at the left, and follow the
instructions to subscribe to the mod_perl Users mailing list.  Then
repost your request there.

One other maybe bad news, is that you'll have to learn at least some
basic perl.  Writing mod_perl handlers is not very complicated, but does
require some basic perl knowledge.  The people on the mod_perl list are
nice, but not generally interested in teaching the basics of perl
programming.

(My own personal view is that perl and mod_perl are great, and that it
is definetely worth the effort of learning to use them, if you want to
do interesting things with Apache.  But then, many people would probably
disagree. But then also, these are generally people who don't know perl
and mod_perl.)