httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] redirect IE6 with mod_rewrite
Date Mon, 03 Aug 2009 11:31:20 GMT
On 02.08.09 17:38, MK wrote:
> I'm trying to redirect IE6 users to a special page using mod_rewrite,
> RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT}  .*Mozilla.*
> I've played around lots with the regex ("^Mozilla.*",
> "Mozilla", "^Mozilla", even ".*"), etc. but nothing works.

many browsers advertise themselves as mozilla. Mozilla was originally
internal codename od netscape navigator (or its engine?) and microsoft
browsers use the name too. This way you won't redirect only IE6 but even
newer IEs, real Mozilla browsers and possibly others...

He who laughs last thinks slowest.