httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marek Šabo <ms...@buk.cvut.cz>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Problem with cert of *443 VirtualHost
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 11:13:40 GMT
Serge Fonville wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     > yes every virtual host lists the sslengine on and etc routines and
>     > namevirtualhost on 443 is enabled in default config.
>     > My webmail config is nearly similar at least similar in ssl
>     configuration
>     > part and I don't understand from where it gets that apache test
>     cert.
>
>     You can't have namevirtualhost with SSL. (yet). This page explains
>     why:
>     http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/ssl/ssl_faq.html#vhosts2
>

> Used virtualdocumentroot to resolve this
> VirtualDocumentRoot C:/ProgramData/htdocs/%0
> Combined with subjectaltname in the certificate.
> This resolved it for me
> But you'll have to add the Root Certificate to all clients in their
> trusted store
> For an internetfacing webserver, probably too bad.
> Since I can't think of CA that allows this
>
> HTH
>
> Regards,
>
> Serge Fonville
>
> --
> http://www.sergefonville.nl
>
> Convince Google!!
> They need to support Adsense over SSL
> https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=10528
> <https://www.google.com/adsense/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=10528>
> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/AdSense/thread?tid=1884bc9310d9f923&hl=en
> <http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/AdSense/thread?tid=1884bc9310d9f923&hl=en>
Hey,

thanks for suggestion, so you 've already set up multiple ssl vhosts on
one machine?
I need exactly that, my predecessor managed that on old apache sever but
with upgrade it fell down so I have to rewrite configs, e.g. have
webmail and webmin ssl-ed on one host. From what I can think of now, I
could do that with relative path at the end of URL and use mod_rewrite
to rewrite webmail.domain.cz to domain.cz/webmail with domain.cz ssl-ed
(same for webmin). If you have other workaround, could you please submit
sample config?

Thanks & regards

--
Marek Šabo