httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@six-group.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] able to start one virtual host but not all of them!!!
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2009 07:37:15 GMT
I'm not familiar with your linux distro, but I  suspect that
/usr/sbin/apache2 is the apache binary and that by starting it directly
you get a default config (do "/usr/sbin/apache2 -V" to find out where).

On the other hand, /etc/init.d/apache2 is probably a shell-script that
defines a different config file when it starts apache (look inside
/etc/init.d/apache2 to see what it does).

So each method loads a different config and that's why you get different
results...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

________________________________

	From: khalid touati [mailto:khalidtouati@gmail.com]
	Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:51 PM
	To: users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: Re: [users@httpd] able to start one virtual host but
not all of them!!!

	thanks for all of you guys, actually i was doing a big mistake
(as i am not too familiar with apche on linux) i was starting the
service using this /usr/sbin/apache2 -k start, but when using
/etc/init.d/apache2 start, all my problem are gone, i still wondering
though wht's the difference but i am all set anyway!
	tahnk you

	2009/10/22 Mark Watts <m.watts@eris.qinetiq.com>

		On Thu, 2009-10-22 at 09:16 -0400, khalid touati wrote:
		> Hi Guys,
		> i am able to start one virtual host but not all of
them, and these are
		> the module when i type:
		> /usr/sbin/apache2 -l
		> Compiled in modules:
		>   core.c
		>   worker.c
		>   http_core.c
		>   mod_so.c
		> i'm realyy stuck, any idea!!

		A list of compiled-in modules is pretty useless.

		Please provide a better description of your problem,
including error
		messages, configuration information and anything else
relevant.

		Mark.

		--
		Mark Watts BSc RHCE MBCS
		Senior Systems Engineer, Managed Services Manpower

	Abdullah

or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system.
Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
networks.