httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carlos André <candr...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse proxy like DNAT, any chance? :)
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2009 12:05:37 GMT
Hi ppl,

Maybe it's look like a stupid question, but, is there any way to make
apache acting as a "reverse proxy" send the original IP source to
destination? Like iptables DNAT ?

Coz I need protect users/server (HTTPS) and webserver (IDS), but my
SSL-out box (apache RP) send its own IP to apache webserver, not
original source... then I cant just block SSL-out box IP (but I need a
active response from Snort... even passive, a lot of alerts from
SSL-out IP doesnt help so much).

There my conf: INTERNET---HTTPS---SSLOUTBOX---HTTP---IDS---WEBSERVER

Thanks :)