httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Bakshi" <joyd...@infoservices.in>
Subject [users@httpd] .htaccess restricts write permission from webdav
Date Thu, 03 Dec 2009 05:36:19 GMT
Hello list,

I am facing a strange problem with webdav caused by .htaccess !!!  I am running debian lenny
server with apache2

` ` `
Server version: Apache/2.2.9 (Debian)
Server built:   Jul 14 2009 20:44:04
` ` `

with  dav and dav_fs enabled.  webdav is used here to modify/publish sites in apache htdocs
folder. webdav is running well and it also creates and deletes file/folder with out any problem.
The problem starts as soon as I place .htaccess file inside a folder (website). webdav can't
publish anything there!!! It generates error as below from client pc

` ` '
touch 123
touch: cannot touch `123': Input/output error

mkdir 123
mkdir: cannot create directory `123': No such file or directory
 ` ` `

windows client simply throws error as permission denied.

My webdav configuration is

 ` ` `
## webdav access

Alias /webdav/user1 /var/personal_work_area/user1

      <Location /webdav/user1>
           DAV On
           ForceType text/plain
            SSLRequireSSL
            AuthType Basic
           AuthName "user1's webdav"
           AuthUserFile  /home/svn/PASSWD
           Require user user1

       </Location>
` ` `

and .htaccess is

` ` `
Options +FollowSymLinks

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^typo3$ - [L]
RewriteRule ^typo3/.*$ - [L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l
RewriteRule .* index.php
` ` `

as soon as I delete .htaccess ( from the server) webdav has no problem to create/delete files/folders.

Does any one know why .htaccess prevents  write access from webdav ?

Thanks

--
জয়দীপ বক্সী