httpd-users mailing list archives

From ericdraven <e...@schwagerus.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Setting up Under Contruction page
Date Fri, 08 Jan 2010 10:39:16 GMT

Hello ;)

Unfortunately I'm not an Apache Expert so this question might have been
answered somewhere else. The Apache Configuration I'm trying to setup should
simply do the following:

* Be a basic under construction page to be used during service maintenance
* Requests to certain subdirectories should still work
* All other incoming requests should simply display my static "under
construction" page (http://xxx/underconstruction.html)
* When requesting the site during maintenance, the browserline should read
http://xxx and not http://xxx/underconstruction.html so the user can simply
click reload to check if the site is available now

Could anybody give me a hint how to do this? An example configuration would
be great!

Many thanx in advance and greetings from Berlin
    Erik