httpd-users mailing list archives

From Reese <howel...@inkworkswell.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Mod_Rewrite voodoo
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 16:33:33 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am restructuring a Web site and need to move a number of files to
different subdirectories. The files have an embedded date code in
[filename]DDMMYY.ext format, I was hoping to hook the YY.ext portion
to redirect ...05.html files to the 2005/ subdirectory, ...06.html
files to the 2006/ subdirectory, etc.

This shouldn't be that difficult, but I'm not getting anywhere with
the RewriteCond/RewriteRule pairs I've tried so far. Either I get
500 errors, create endless loops or the rule is not applied at all.

How should a rewrite rule like this be formulated?

Reese