httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Geoff Millikan" <gmilli...@t1shopper.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ETag (entity tag) response header not being added to server side include's
Date Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:50:56 GMT
> I think this is a long-standing limitation, since the etag can't be
> easily precomputed for the overall response (all the included stuff
> smushed together from potential exec's, etc)

I understand however the FileETag documentation doesn't even *hint* at such
a limitation.

By comparison, mod_disk_cache has no problem reading all the SSI stuff
together and then caching the page (as long as "include virtual" is used).
I think if mod_disk_cache can do it then so can FileETag. (For that matter,
FileETag could generate its Etag off the cached document!)

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/caching.html#overview

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#fileetag