httpd-users mailing list archives

From DJ AM_Juicebox <dj.am.juice...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Setting up a basic http proxy?
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2010 00:17:02 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking to run apache as a proxy for web development. I'm running mac ox
10.5.4, which already has apache 2.2.8 installed and running.

I'd like to point my javascript files (which are running locally on my
machine) to:

  http://localhost/test.php

which would hit the local apache server, then have that apache instance
forward to my real remote server:

  http://www.mysite.com/test.php

I've looked at a few walkthroughs but they seem to be out of date. I'm
wondering if there's a recent how-to on setting this up - the doc here:

  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html

gives a basic example, but I'm not sure where that text should be added - to
http.conf? Do I simply add it there, then restart the server?

Thanks