httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matthias Leopold <matth...@aic.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_fcgid question
Date Thu, 18 Mar 2010 13:29:14 GMT
Jeff Trawick schrieb:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 8:22 AM, Matthias Leopold <matthias@aic.at> wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> i'm using mod_fcgid to run php as a suexec cgi on a debian lenny system.
>> mod_fcgid version is 2.2 (from debian). although everything seems to
>> work basically i'm seeing lines like this
>>
>> [warn] mod_fcgid: stderr: Cache unable to open file for writing:
>> cache/956287ab2d93bc91ee48c8b4204c93f1
>>
>> in apache error log. i don't know where this is coming from nor where to
>> configure anything concerning "cache".
>
> you probably already knew this, but your CGI application is writing
> this message to stderr, and mod_fcgid is capturing and logging it;
> httpd/mod_fcgid don't generate this message
>
> try searching for the message (starting with "Cache unable"); I just found
>
> http://expressionengine.com/forums/viewthread/37188/

you're probably right. i was already suspecting something like this and
should've paid more attention to "stderr".... probably it's just wrong
permissions on a directory in some users webspace and not related to my
memory problems

thx
matthias

>>                            on a centos system with a similar
>> setup i don't have this problem. since i sometimes experience memory
>> exhaustion problems on the debian system i would like to know if the
>> above error.log message could be related to them.

Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ssen

Matthias Leopold
System & Network Administration

Streams Telecommunications GmbH
Universitaetsstrasse 10/7, 1090 Vienna, Austria

tel: +43 1 40159113
fax: +43 1 40159300