httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jakov Sosic <jakov.so...@srce.hr>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache modules and authentication?
Date Sat, 20 Mar 2010 10:58:40 GMT
Hi.

This is the kind of authentication param I'm using:

<Directory /home/jsosic/www/admin>
  AllowOverride None
  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Admin"
  AuthUserFile /etc/httpd/myauthfile
  Require valid-user
</Directory>

I've disabled all the auth modules except these two:
 authn_file_module (shared)
 authz_host_module (shared)

Now, when I run:
apachectl -t

It says Syntax OK. But, in error log I can see:

[Sat Mar 20 08:12:09 2010] [crit] [client xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] configuration
error:  couldn't check user.  No user file?: /admin/xxx

So obviously I'm missing some modules... Is it the basic module or the
user module? And how can I test this, if I currently don't have access
to the web (only ssh), and syntax check is obviously not telling me some
modules are missing.... :-/

--
|    Jakov Sosic    |    ICQ: 28410271    |   PGP: 0x965CAE2D   |