Hello,

I am running apache 2.2.10 with mod_proxy enabled. We are config'd to run as a reverse proxy.

Client

reverse proxy

application server

database

Everything works fine, except when the application being proxied returns a large data set (an oracle query result in an html table) back to the client. The page returns, but takes 15 seconds++. If you go directly to the backend application server application, and run the same query function, it is returned in under 5 seconds, if not 2 seconds.

So it "seems" that the proxy is chewing up 10+ seconds. Can anyone recommend a means of troubleshooting or isolating the problem? I did not turn caching on.

Thank You for any and all help,
Ed