----- Original Message -----
> From: John.C.Kennedy@LDHEnergy.com
> Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 16:46:34 -0400
> Subject: [users@httpd] Redirect question
> To: users@httpd.apache.org
>

> My user wants me to set up so that

http://application <http://application/>
> will redirect to:

http://server/application

How are your VirtualHost containers setup (assuming you are using them)?
A simple rewrite rule with the domain check should work (assuming that
"application" and "server" are domain names).

<VirtualHost 1.2.3.4:80>
   ServerName  server
   ServerAlias application

   RewriteEngine   On
   RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^application$ [NC]
   RewriteRule .
http://server/application [R=permanent]
</VirtualHost>

--
Justin Pasher

I get the same looping result. (I shortened application to app because I am too lazy to type all that!):
The requested URL /appappappappappappappappappappappappappappappappappappappappapp was not found on this server.