httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Shearer" <j...@shearer-family.org>
Subject [users@httpd] NameVirtualHost Directive - - - - Multiple SSL virtual hosts
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 22:10:21 GMT
I have an Apache 2.2 server sitting on a box with one physical address and multiple virtual
addresses.  The physical address servers my name-based virtual hosts where as the virtual
addresses server ip-based virtual hosts.   I read about the NameVirtualHost directive and
tried to implement it but it seems it does nothing but cause error messages.  I tried to put
into the main server config near my listen directives and received an error that there was
no virtual host despite the fact that there are more than one virtual host.

I also tried to put it just before each of the virtual host directives and received errors.

Is this directive needed, everything seems to work fine with out it.

In a related matter.  I am having trouble implementing a second https server one of virtual
ip addresses.  Both domains have permanent redirects to the https port.  However, the second
ssl server does not even show up when I conduct a port scan on its ip address.  Yet both have
the same SSL configuration elements.  I have compared the two configurations and I see absolutely
no difference except of course the SSL certificate and server key targets.

When I disable the permanent redirect, I have not trouble getting to the domain on port 80.
 Is it  possible to run 2 https servers using different virtual addresses on the same physical
server?