httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Presto, Patrick" <Patrick.Pre...@qwest.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Manipulate existing value of Response Header (Set-Cookie)
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2010 18:18:52 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I have been asked to rewrite a Set-Cookie header to resolve an application issue.  The tricky
part is I need to obtain the current value in the header, then rewrite one little piece, and
update the header with the new value so the end user will set their cookie correctly.

Using SetEnvIf I can do this for any header in the initial request, but not headers in the
response (like the Set-Cookie header sent by the application to the user in the response).
 Here is an example manipulating headers in the request.  This is exactly what I want to do
but with the headers in the response.  I get the Host header value (append '.gotValue' to
it), and update the Host header with that.

SetEnvIf Host (.*) newHostValue=$1.gotValue
Header set Host "%{newHostValue}e"

Does anyone know how I can grab the value of a response header, manipulate it, and update
that header with the new value?   I have searched all over and I dont believe there is a simple
solution.  Please prove me wrong!!!

Thank you,
Patrick

prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication