httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Soultanian <msoul...@csulb.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Making sure a URL doesn't change when the site is hosted somewhere else
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:05:24 GMT
Hi everyone,
I'm not sure what this is called, but I work at CSULB and have a website
hosted there.  Problem is that we're using ColdFusion on-campus and
they're phasing out support for that platform.

So, I'm going to move the site off-campus, but I need to make sure that
when a user goes to "cota.csulb.edu", the URL stays the same, even
though the site is being hosted off-campus.

We currently run Apache on-campus and I was looking to do our off-campus
hosting with Godaddy.  Does anyone know how I can set things up such
that the URL will stay the same and look like the site is hosted at
CSULB, even though the site is being hosted from an off-campus location?

Thanks!
Mike