httpd-users mailing list archives

From "J. Greenlees" <li...@jaqui-greenlees.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Conundrum
Date Mon, 23 Aug 2010 02:34:45 GMT
James Coyle wrote:
> But as far as I know, Apache is part of the standard Snow Leopard installation so it
would not need to be reinstalled right?

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Aug 22, 2010, at 5:15 PM, "J. Greenlees" <lists@jaqui-greenlees.net> wrote:
>
>> James Coyle wrote:
>>> Ever since I reinstalled Snow Leopard on my Mac, i've had some serious Apache
issues. Judging from this diagnostic information:
load /private/etc/apache2/libexec/apache2/mod_authn_file.so into server: dlopen(/private/etc/apache2/libexec/apache2/mod_authn_file.so,
10): image not found
>>> ...it appears that a linkage of some sort is missing. I'm wondering if I need
to reinstall Apache altogether, and if so, how would I install it so that it is configured
as by Snow Leopard? (I believe Snow Leopard installs it in a non-standard way.)  Thanks.
>> yup.
>> every time you do an os re-install you need to re-install/reconfigure all extra software
not installed or configured by default

but you may need to reconfigure snow leapard to allow apache to run,
using the install of apache is the easiest way to get that done.