httpd-users mailing list archives

From <Jackie.W...@barclayscapital.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_ssl in Apache 2.2.15
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 16:52:40 GMT
Hi,

I have downloaded the source of apache 2.2.15 and compiled it with openssl. Then I downloaded
mod_authz_ldap 0.29 from http://authzldap.othello.ch/ and compiled it with no issues. I did
specify apr-1-config, apu-1-config, apxs and openssl when running ./configure. Here is the
command I used:

./configure --with-openssl-path=/apache-2.2.15/include/openssl --with-apr=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apr-1-config
--with-apu=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apu-1-config --with-apxs=/apache-2.2.15/bin/apxs

Then I ran the make command. When it was finished, there was a file called "mod_authz_ldap.so.0.0.0"
created under modules/.lib. I renamed it to mod_authz_ldap.so and copied it to the modules
directory under apache 2.2.15.

However, when I started httpd, it complained about "undefined symbol: ssl_var_lookup". I searched
on google and this is a function in mod_ssl. I did have the LoadModule line for mod_ssl before
the LoadModule line for mod_authz_ldap in httpd.conf. I assume mod_ssl will be loaded before
mod_authz_ldap. Is this correct? If yes, can someone please advise why it doesn't work?

Thanks.

Regards,
Jackie

This e-mail may contain information that is confidential, privileged or otherwise protected
to the foregoing.  Barclays Capital is the investment banking division of Barclays Bank PLC,
Place, London, E14 5HP.  This email may relate to or be sent from other members of the Barclays
Group.