httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Issue with APR APIs
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 12:55:06 GMT
On Wed, 1 Sep 2010 16:42:13 +0530
Pravesh Rai <pravesh.rai@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Observed that, if we use following set of functions:
>
> subrequest = ap_sub_req_lookup_uri( webapp->sChpUrl, r, r->output_filters );
> ap_run_sub_req( subrequest );
> ap_rflush( subrequest );
> ap_destroy_sub_req( subrequest );
>
> in a thread [using CreateThread() on Windows OS], every execution of these,
> left some Private Bytes consumed. i.e. Memory Leaks. Do anybody has any clue
> on this ?

Are you looking for bugs in your application or suspecting bugs in Apache?
And what tool is reporting your memory use?

There are parts of the subrequest that can't be destroyed until the main
request is completed, because they may be needed by the main request.
For example, response headers.  Or data on the output chain, which may
be buffered.

What happens when the main request terminates?

--
Nick Kew