httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Which version of OpenSSL should be used to build Apache 2.2.16?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:43:07 GMT

On Sep 13, 2010, at 4:25 PM, Robert Christian wrote:

> Apache 2.2.16 is currently the "best available version" of the HTTP Server. I made some
changes to the source and need to recompile with OpenSSL. My question is, should I use OpenSSL
0.9.8o or OpenSSL 1.0.0a? The latter is a more recent, major release, but Apache couples HTTPD
2.2.16 with

Apache HTTP Server 2.2.16 should build against either OpenSSL 0.9.8 or OpenSSL 1.0.  Let us
know if you experience otherwise.

>  OpenSSL 0.9.8o in their binary offering. See "Win32 Binary including OpenSSL 0.9.8o
(MSI Installer)" on the download page.

The Windows binary is not a release by the Apache Software Foundation, but a courtesy offering.
 The person who built that decided to include the 0.9.8o version, which is entirely up to
him.

Are you running on Windows?

> There is little to no documentation regarding Apache's decision here.

Our release is the source code, which as far as I know will build against either OpenSSL branch.

Regards,

Sander

--
Sander Temme