httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Schleif <...@helices.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Upgrade 1.3.12 -> 2.2.16: Jserv issue ???
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 20:19:31 GMT

On 9/10/2010 12:07 PM, Sander Temme wrote:

 > On Sep 10, 2010, at 5:23 AM, Mike Schleif wrote:
 >
 >> SSL: move all SSL to the new frontend?  No SSL running on legacy web
server?

 > Absolutely.  You'll find that Apache 2.2.16 comes with mod_ssl
bundled.  Terminate SSL on the currently shipping server.

 > Note that the Apache Software Foundation only ships source code: an
important distinction on a platform that doesn't bundle the web server
by default, and where users usually don't wield compilers.  However, a
build with and without SSL enabled is usually made available as a
courtesy, and can be downloaded from
http://httpd.apache.org/download.cgi .  You may also find Windows builds
on sites like http://www.apachelounge.com/ .

 > S.

Is there more to it than ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse ?

I found this:

     http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

I want this to work as simply as possible.  I know that SSL moves to the
NEW server.  Which modules need I load?  According to the above link, I
think we need these:

### MUST have for Reverse Proxy
LoadModule headers_module modules/mod_headers.so
LoadModule deflate_module modules/mod_deflate.so
###

However, that link also mentions the following, which I do not find in
the httpd.conf:

LoadFile    /usr/lib/libxml2.so
LoadModule  xml2enc_module       modules/mod_xml2enc.so
LoadModule  proxy_html_module    modules/mod_proxy_html.so

Please, advise.  Thank you.

If ever I can be of service to you; contact me at once.

I wish for you a truly extraordinary day ...

--
Best Regards,

Mike Schleif
612-235-6060