httpd-users mailing list archives

From John List <johnl...@gulfbridge.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] High load apache
Date Fri, 10 Sep 2010 22:34:36 GMT
On 09/10/2010 06:09 PM, Paras pradhan wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 4:58 PM, John List <johnlist@gulfbridge.net
> <mailto:johnlist@gulfbridge.net>> wrote:
>
>     Which processes are using the processors the most? (I suspect your
>     imap server might be more responsible than apache.)
>
>     John Hicks
>
> True . But I am only hitting the login.php page from ab to benchmark.
>
> Thanks
> Paras.

(Pardon me for not reading your op more carefully.)

I am not familiar with ab, but after a quick read, I have one observation:

You say you are building a system to support 200+ concurrent users on
horde. I assume that means 200 users concurrently running horde and
therefore checking their inbox every minute or so. That would be about
*3.3 requests per second*.

It looks to me like your ab test is testing at *300.0 connections* *per
second*.

In other words, perhaps you needn't be too concerned about sluggish
performance from the ab test.

John Hicks