httpd-users mailing list archives

From Robert Christian <robertjchrist...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Which version of OpenSSL should be used to build Apache 2.2.16?
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 02:22:39 GMT
Yes, I can build the source against either branch.  Just didn't know if there was a preferred
branch, ie perhaps one that is better tested.  Sounds like it's fine to go with the latest
version, 1.0.0a?

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 13, 2010, at 5:43 PM, Sander Temme <sctemme@apache.org> wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2010, at 4:25 PM, Robert Christian wrote:
>
>> Apache 2.2.16 is currently the "best available version" of the HTTP Server. I made
some changes to the source and need to recompile with OpenSSL. My question is, should I use
OpenSSL 0.9.8o or OpenSSL 1.0.0a? The latter is a more recent, major release, but Apache couples
HTTPD 2.2.16 with

> Apache HTTP Server 2.2.16 should build against either OpenSSL 0.9.8 or OpenSSL 1.0.
Let us know if you experience otherwise.

>> OpenSSL 0.9.8o in their binary offering. See "Win32 Binary including OpenSSL 0.9.8o
(MSI Installer)" on the download page.

> The Windows binary is not a release by the Apache Software Foundation, but a courtesy
offering.  The person who built that decided to include the 0.9.8o version, which is entirely
up to him.