httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carlos S <neu...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] making exception to system-wide Location rules
Date Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:52:35 GMT
I have a configuration which applies server-wide config rules using
Location directive
{{{
<Location />
  config-rules
</Location>
}}}

I want to make an exception to this rule for a particular directory.
This directory is outside DocumentRoot and hence I used Alias and
Directory to make such exception. So I have,
{{{
Alias /repository /var/repository
<Directory /var/repository>
  Order Deny, Allow
  Allow from all
</Directory>
}}}

But server-wide config rules defined using Location directive are
still getting applied. I thought Directory rules are applied before
Location directive and hence put such configuration. Any help on
what's wrong with this config and how to make such exception to
system-wide rules?

System Config: CentOS 5.5 and Apache httpd 2.2.3-31.

Thanks,
CS.