httpd-users mailing list archives

From Gary Smith <gary.sm...@holdstead.com>
Subject [users@httpd] suexec and virtual hosting
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 08:53:46 GMT
I have a follow up to the IRC message earlier regarding protected virtual sites from cross
cgi file reads.  I'm using an odd structure for our virtual sites, which seems to be making
it painful to implement the suexec, unless there is something that I'm missing.

We have several sites configured in the same way across multiple servers (older servers).
 They have a directory format of /exports/home/domain.tld/virtualdomains/www.domain.tld.
Currently we are using VirtualDocument/ScriptAlias within a single virtualhost (we are changing
each site to use their own host shortly).

    VirtualDocumentRoot /exports/home/%-2.0.%-1/virtualdomains/%0
    VirtualScriptAlias /exports/home/%-2.0.%-1/virtualdomains/%0/cgi-bin

Anyway, is there a way to implement suexec on this structure, specifically for the cgi-bin,
without going through a recompile (as I've been reading in some old doc's).  What's the best
way to approach this?  All of the files are owned by user@domain.tld:domain.tld (which are
users/groups that existing > uid/gid 10000).

I would like to resolve this before I consolidate most of the old boxes onto our new bigger
boxes.

Anyway, hopefully this is clear enough for someone to chime in.