httpd-users mailing list archives

From Amol Puglia <amolcpug...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache process not coming down and going high upto 259
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 08:11:29 GMT
Hello Rainer,

Thanks for the valuable input.

I have following mod_jk options configured for my web server.

Is it possible to know if any of the below options are responsible for creating so many child
processess and by removing any of them will reduce the number of child processess.

How do i tune my webserver so that the number of child processess comes down.

LoadModule    jk_module  modules/mod_jk.so
JkWorkersFile /opt/web/apache/app/erib2b/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /opt/web/apache/app/erib2b/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info
JkOptions +ForwardURIEscaped +ForwardURICompatUnparsed
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
JkMount /* worker1

--- On Tue, 1/11/11, Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de> wrote:

From: Rainer Jung <rainer.jung@kippdata.de>
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache process not coming down and going high upto 259
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Date: Tuesday, January 11, 2011, 12:59 PM

On 10.01.2011 18:34, Igor Galić wrote:

> ----- "Amol Puglia"<amolcpuglia@yahoo.com>  wrote:
>
>> Hello Team,
>
> Hi
>
>> I am facing very weird problem of apache porcess going high upto 259
>> and increasing again even after restart of backend server ie. tomcat.
>>
>> Apache version :- 2.0.59
>>
>> Tomcat Version :- 5.5.9
>>
>> Apache/Tomcat connectivity :- mod_jk
>
> mod_jk support can be found on users@tomcat.apache.org

As a shortcut for discussion: The lines come from the JkRequestLogFormat
configuration setting that you must have added somewhere (default: no
such setting, no lines). The configured format will tell you, what the
entry means. Likely it is either the name of the vortual host, or the
value of the host header the client sent.

For details see:

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html

and look for "JkRequestLogFormat" in that page.

The use of that directive is no longer recommended, because it is easier
to include request log information into the usual access log via
mod_log_config. Look for "mod_log_config" in the same page.

Regards,

Rainer