httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Custom authentication?
Date Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:27:34 GMT

On 4 Jan 2011, at 12:05, MegaBrutal wrote:

> Sorry if I'm wrong. If the user is redirected from a different
> location, is it possible that checking the HTTP Referrer might do the
> work?

No.  Try it with privacy settings in your browser, or on your network.

To the OP, what you're asking looks like a session token, which could
be implemented with your choice of session management software.
Anything from an ugly mod_rewrite hack through apache's session
modules to an enterprise appserver.

--
Nick Kew