httpd-users mailing list archives

From Bob Wilson <...@bobandedwilson.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with config
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 12:41:10 GMT
Can any one help with the initial configuration of Apache?

I was told that to make localhost point to a alternative directory I
should change both the 'Documentroot' AND 'Directory' paths

The original info in httpd.conf works OK

DocumentRoot "C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs"

<Directory "C:/Program Files (x86)/Apache Software
Foundation/Apache2.2/htdocs">

I have changed it to:

DocumentRoot "C:/Users/User/My Documents/htdocs"

<Directory "C:/Users/User/My Documents/htdocs">

Which doesn't work with error message 'The requested operation has failed!'

I'm sure that I didn't have this problem with XP but I'm now using
Windows 7

Thanks

Bob