httpd-users mailing list archives

From Giles Coochey <gi...@coochey.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Reverse Proxy will multiple IPs in same subnet
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:43:30 GMT
Hi,

I'm setting up a reverse proxy with multiple IP addresses.

Multiple instances of apache listen on multiple IP addresses in the same
subnet.

My question is...

If a reverse proxy is setup to listen on eth0:1 with IP address 10.4.4.10

and eth0 is 10.4.4.5 in the same subnet.

 From a firewall perspective, will the proxy request appear to come from
10.4.4.10 or 10.4.4.5?

route shows the following entry:

Destination    Gateway    Genmask    Flags    Metric    Ref    Use    Iface
default            gateway     0.0.0.0         UG         0
0         0         eth0

So my guess is that the reverse proxy request will exit the proxy with
10.4.4.5, even if apache is listening on 10.4.4.10 ???

Am I right??

--
Best Regards,

Giles Coochey