httpd-users mailing list archives

From "james" <ja...@wintercastle.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unresponsive apache webserver, memory issue
Date Fri, 07 Jan 2011 22:27:34 GMT
>How does your MPM config look like?
>Take a look at:
>http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/PerformanceScalingUp

Thanks for these links Igor. After reading through the ScalingUp document
it brought my attention to the fact that the RAM had been increased on this
system but the swap partition had not been. The available RAM is more than
twice the swap space. I am sure the system is crashing under heavy memory
load because of this. It would be nice to know why the memory is spiking,
and again thanks for the link to the perl script for monitoring
server-status -- but I am pretty sure the problem is the amount of swap
space available.

James