httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL Termination at Apache
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 20:09:47 GMT
2011/1/9 Tushar Chavan <tushar.chavan@hotmail.com>:
> Hi ,
> We have below scenario.
> Internet Users <----https------>Server A<------https----> Apache Server
> B<---------http------->Server C
> We want https flow from internet users to Server A , from  Server A to
> Apache server B again https .Then from Apache to Server C
> So SSL is terminated at Apache Server. Is there any  configuration to
> terminate SSL at Apache?

There are lots of configurations that allow Apache to do SSL.  Have
you tried searching the web for a basic guide to setting up SSL, or do
you think "SSL termination" means something beyond that?

In the strictest interpretation, you wouldn't continue doing SSL
between servers A and B -- but in more general terms it's usually
applied to anything you throw in front of a device that performs the
SSL, alleviating said device of the need to worry about it.