httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate and chunked encoding
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 18:16:32 GMT
On 6/5/2011 12:31 PM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> I am testing this with Phusion Passenger and Unicorn.
>
> They are going to implement compression for chunked responses. That
> is, they are going to dechunk, compress, and chunk again, mod_deflate
> won't be involved for these responses.

httpd (conditionally) handles the chunking... the app generator's
chunking is never used.  What *module* is installed in httpd?  I'm
not familiar with the above.

Only the entry point to httpd, e.g. mod_proxy, mod_wl, mod_ws, mod_jk
mod_cgi or whatnot should ever dechunk.  The response body must pass
through httpd without any protocol (chunking) or headers.