httpd-users mailing list archives

From Xavier Noria <...@hashref.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] mod_deflate and chunked encoding
Date Sun, 05 Jun 2011 20:56:51 GMT
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 10:47 PM, Stormy <stormy22@stormy.ca> wrote:

> Ah, interesting... that you say it's an Apache module. Maybe Messrs Hongli
> Lai & Ninh Bui could help you with your compression and chunking challenges?
>  'Cos when you suggest that Apache is functioning "Guess that works by luck"
> I might be tempted to suggest that Apache is a little more mature than
> Phusion.

Oh no, I don't want to imply that.

I mean. If it is true that Passenger should dechunk (as William says),
but it is not doing that, but the client still gets the chunked
response, I wondered whether it worked by luck rather than by all
the pieces following the contracts. Always according to William's.

> But then again, your P.S. implies that you're a Phusion developer... ah,
> interesting.

I'm not, I am obviously not familiar with Apache development.

Though I am trying to get the picture about how this should work.