httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] What does Timeout in the httpd.conf file accomplish?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 13:34:05 GMT
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 9:26 AM, Zaccone, Warren <wzaccone@telcordia.com> wrote:
> yes. so I am I.  The default setting is 30 seconds however pstack shows all 256 children
running this script indefinitely - until I stop and restart httpd.

> This statement in the php doc is leading me to believe the Timeout directive will override:
>
> " Your web server can have other timeout configurations that may also interrupt PHP execution.
Apache has a Timeout directive and IIS has a CGI timeout function. Both default to 300 seconds.
See your web server documentation for specific details. "

FWIW, if you were running PHP as CGI, and not trickling back some
input in that loop, Apache's CGI module would give up based on the
Timeout.  But since you run mod_php, nobody but PHP is watching the
clock.